Thursday, October 4, 2012

Awkward introduction.



Photo Credit: Erin Singer
I'm Renee, a college student at University of Southern California, originally from sunny San Diego. I'm loving Los Angeles the longer I live here.

I'm a quirky version of the typical Southern California girl. I'm a brunette with a blonde streak (literally). I love the sun, but don't like going to the beach. I love going out and dressing up, but sometimes I'm a little awkward (and I like it). My guilty pleasure is watching wedding shows. I giggle a lot and I snort sometimes. I'm a little dark and I like listening to indie music (see #41 below).


Some people say I'm ethnic looking. I'm kind of just a random mix of Swedish, French, Filipino, Chinese, and a couple other things, but let's face it - I'm a white girl at heart, and I'm obsessed with a fair amount of the things on Stuff White People Like:  
 
#50: Irony.
#53: Dogs.
#72: Study abroad.
#115: Promising to learn another language (see above.)
#106: Facebook (now, Twitter and Pinterest).
#104: Girls with bangs.
#41: Indie music.
#49: Vintage (especially in weddings).
#15: Yoga (which I wish I was good at).
#5: Farmer's markets.
#1: COFFEE (I'm a college student, duh). 
Also,
Brunch.
DIY projects (Thanks, Pinterest)
Slang from MTV's Awkward. ("Fidiot." Also, see "sidebar" below.)
Jenna Marbles.

One thing I love the most, though, is fashion. I spend most of my time on the computer online shopping, or on Pinterest or Lookbook. My dream is to go into fashion - PR, buying, merchandising, marketing, anything. But for now, I'm on a college student budget, where my money goes towards 1,000 page textbooks instead of designer jeans, or the color trend of the season. I'm learning slowly about designers and the fashion industry, but for now I just have to admire from afar.

Instead, I get creative about choosing unique pieces, shopping bargains without becoming "last-season," and taking advantage of DIY. I try to be fashionable and stand out from the rest of the crowd without sacrificing my budget. 

So, here we have this cheesetastic blog, where I want to share my personal style and passion with the blogosphere. (Sidebar: My other posts won't be so text-heavy! Maybe. ) Hope you love it!
 
Love,
hercollegecouture.



No comments:

Post a Comment